- 4 chicken breasts – boneless
- 2 med onions, sliced
- 2 can sliced mushrooms or fresh in equal amounts
- 3 or 4 tbs butter
- 1 can, cheddar cheese soup
- 5 oz milk
- 1 dash Parmesan cheese (1 to 2 tbs)
1. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter in a small frying pan until onions are translucent. Set aside 1/2 the onion/mushroom mix.
2. In a large measuring cup, mix soup and milk and stir to remove any lumps.
3. Place chicken in a 5-quart slow cooker and pour other ingredients over chicken.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
5. Shred chicken with 2 forks before serving.
6. Serve on a warm hoagie bun and top with 1/2 the sauteed mushrooms and onions
7. Be sure to warm the Mushrooms and onion that has been set aside before topping.
8. Can also be served over mashed potatoes, rice or on toast.
9. Excellent over steamed vegetables such as cauliflower or broccoli.